Create a Dreamwidth Account
Site and Account
Reload page in style:
2014-05-08 03:42 am (UTC)
1. i have, but it's a term i only saw in my first year rping as it fell out of favor and was replaced by "muse" or "character". in terms of what games or comms? never in games, only in more lighthearted comms or ooc discussion. "pup" is a way to refer to a character in my understanding.
2. that one was there at the same time, but it was in the game area already and so occupied much the same area as "pup" did. "muse" is another way to refer to a character.
3. i've been using "tag" since i started.
4. "mun" is short for mundane, a reference to the player who compared to their character is "mundane".
5. no idea when "tag" started coming into play since it was already there, but "tag nirvana" and "tagvana" seem to have started with the rise of plurk, which was 2010, i think. i never saw the term before then.
6. started on lj in 2009. came over to dw in the great migration after update 88.
7. generally i use crit, just a personal preference. concrit feels a little older, though it's really not outdated -- it's just used less in the "less is more" vernacular of rpers. i mean look, we've got tag, mun, muse, crit, game, a whole bunch of acronyms and small words in the vocabulary of rpers as well as the attached anon communities.
sorry for the little tangent there.
Thread from start
This account has disabled anonymous posting.
You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address.
Sign in using OpenID
If you don't have an account you can
create one now
HTML doesn't work in the subject.
Check spelling during preview
This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 17th, 2017 08:36 pm
Top of page